Dream It Do It Nevada has already accomplished a lot on our pathway to creating a highly skilled workforce for Nevada. Check out how far we’ve come, and where we’re headed.
Since January 2012
- A total of 364 nationally portable, industry-recognized credentials have been granted in Nevada.
- Right Skills Now programs will be created for energy, mining, information technology, health care and other industries.
- Dream It Do It Nevada will continue communications across the state, including an ever-evolving website, to share updates about its accomplishments and resources.
- Dream It Do It Nevada will work to create career pathways across all employment sectors in Nevada, as part of our vision of providing proof of a highly skilled workforce.
- Western Nevada College begins testing students and transitioning workers with ACT’s National Career Readiness Certificate
- Western Nevada College applies Dream It Do It Nevada’s Right Skills Now model to develop certified welders for Nevada manufacturers
- Truckee Meadows Community College begins its second year of Dream It Do It Nevada’s Right Skills Now model for training skilled CNC Operators
- Dream It Do It Nevada joined the Carson City School District’s Community Partnership
- Received the endorsement of the Carson City School District’s Board of Directors
- Conducted a tour for more than 30 Carson City School District teachers and administrative personnel
- Worked alongside Washoe County School District to present manufacturing career pathways to parents and students
- Developed plan of action for engaging students, parents, and teachers of the Douglas County School District
- Dream It Do It Nevada coordinated manufacturing tours for more than forty-five Career and Technical Education teachers in the Washoe County School District
- Nine Carson City area manufacturers helped to educate teachers about their need for a skilled workforce
- Dream It Do It Nevada accepts an invitation to serve on the Governor’s Workforce Investment Board’s Manufacturing Sector Council
- Dream It Do It Nevada and ACT present the National Career Readiness Certificate assessments to the Nevada State Human Resource Managers Conference
- Dream It Do It Nevada becomes a statewide non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
- Dream It Do It Nevada partners with an experienced fundraising professional to develop a comprehensive resource development plan
- The Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation directs funding to ensure Nevada’s employers and workforce have access to ACT’s National Career Readiness Certificate statewide.
- Dream It Do It Nevada launches phase one of its website.
- Western Nevada College graduates its first Right Skills Now class.
- Truckee Meadows Community College begins its first Right Skills Now class.
- Career pathways created for manufacturing and mining.
- Dream It Do It Nevada partners with strategic marketing firm to begin statewide communications planning.
- Governor’s statewide economic development plan includes Dream It Do It Nevada.
- Western Nevada College and Truckee Meadows Community College accredited to provide skilled machine operator training.
- Nevada’s inaugural Right Skills Now class begins fast-track training at Western Nevada College.
- Dream It Do It Nevada Strategic plan and budget are finalized.
- The Leadership Team, comprised of members from the five partner sectors, is formed.
- Leadership Team develops a strategic plan for Dream It Do It Nevada.
- Leadership Team works with superintendents and community college presidents to create a statewide map of educational, training and career preparation assets that contribute to the Dream It Do It Nevada vision.
- Northern Nevada Development Authority, with support from the Governor’s Office of Economic Development, purchases license to use “Dream It Do It” materials.
- The “Big Five” endorse Dream It Do It Nevada and Nevada’s Skills Certification System.